Full-time Medical Assistant
The Medical Assistant (MA) operates in a team with other clinic healthcare providers and support staff. The assistant escorts patients to the exam rooms and assists providers while treating patients. The MA assists with treatments as directed; taking vital signs, maintaining electronic medical records and writing reports.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
– Reads, speaks, understands and writes proficiently in English.
– Works independently and is self-directed.
– Works effectively in a team environment.
– Organizes, prioritizes, and coordinates multiple activities and tasks.
– Works with initiative, energy and effectiveness in a fast-paced environment.
– Remains calm and effective in high pressure situations.
– Produces work in high quantity and quality.
– Problem-solves with creativity and ingenuity.
– Use of multi-line telephones and other office machines.
– Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office applications; Word, Excel and Outlook.
– Knowledge of medical terminology.
– Graduation from an accredited school of practical nursing or medical assisting program
– Valid state license to practice practical nursing or certificate of medical assisting
– CPR certification
– Customer service related experience working with the general public (1 year).
– Experience in a multiple provider medical practice.
– ICD-10 coding experience.
– Healthcare information systems, such as electronic health record and practice management systems experience.
Job Specific Functions/Performance Expectations:
1. Greets patients, interpreters and visitors, in person and by phone, in a prompt, courteous and helpful manner, responds to inquiries, takes messages, and provides accurate information regarding schedules and services.
2. Monitors schedules and patient arrivals, participates in sequencing patients, and provides assistance to co-workers to maintain a smooth and efficient patient flow for entire clinic for maximum productivity.
3. Assists the providers with minor diagnostic procedures, treatments and education as directed.
4. Demonstrates knowledge of examination, diagnostic, and treatment room procedures.
5. Complete triage duties as directed by the Clinical Nursing Supervisor.
6. Contacts patients prior to appointments to updated patients health history and information relevant to the appointment.
7. Review scheduled appointments in advance in preparation for the patient visit. Obtaining any needed information.
8. Timely review and completion of tasks as assigned.
9. Accurate and timely completion/documentation of services provided, to include submission of billing codes.
10. Keeps patient exam and procedure rooms fully stocked, organized, clean, safe and prepared before and after each patient encounter. Prepares appropriate instruments and materials for each treatment procedure.
11. Follows established inventory and supply monitoring system and purchasing protocols for maintaining stock and ordering supplies as assigned.
12. Follows established protocols for routine calibration, cleaning, disinfection, sterilization of instruments and equipment as assigned and identifies and reports maintenance and repair needs.
13. Adheres to attendance standards in order to perform the job functions for daily operations and/or continuity of patient care.
14. Promote continue quality improvement throughout the organization.
To apply, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org