Special Orthopedic Focus
- Practice Dedicated to Surgery of the foot, ankle and lower leg
- Arthroscopic and Minimally Invasive surgery
- Arthritis/Deformity Reconstruction
- Ankle Joint Replacement
- Fracture and Trauma Surgery
- Sports Medicine
- Podiatric Medical Degree, Kent State University
- Surgical Residency: University Hospitals Health System, Southwest General, Cleveland, Ohio
Orthopedic Advanced Fellowship Training
- The Orthopedic Foot and Ankle Center, Columbus, Ohio. 2012
- AO/ASIF Orthopedic Foot and Ankle Fellowship-Liestal, Switzerland. 2009
- Multicenter German/Swiss Fellowship in Orthopedic Foot and Ankle Surgery. 2008
National Level Academic/Teaching Appointments
- Frequent National and International Lecturer/Surgical Course Instructor
- National Education and Scientific Affairs Committee: American College of Foot and Ankle Surgeons
- National Board Certification Exam Development Committee: American Board of Foot and Ankle Surgery
- The Journal of Foot and Ankle Surgery, Peer Reviewer, Section of Trauma and Reconstructive Hindfoot Surgery
- Fellow, American College of Foot and Ankle Surgeons
- Diplomate, American Board of Foot and Ankle Surgery
- American Podiatric Medical Association
- Washington State Podiatric Medical Association
- Lewis County Medical Society- Past President
- Surgical Faculty, Providence St. Peter Family Medicine Residency Program
- Certificate of Recognition for Excellence in Surgical Residency Training
- Chief Resident, University Hospitals Health System, Southwest General
Michael D. Dujela, DPM, FACFAS
Board Certified, Orthopedic Fellowship Trained Foot and Ankle Surgeon
Subspecialty Certification in Reconstructive Hindfoot and Ankle Surgery by the American Board of Foot and Ankle Surgery
“Being born with a clubfoot and having this successfully corrected as a child has allowed me to participate in competitive sports and has given me a tremendous passion for helping people with deformities and injuries.
“We have the ability to help patients overcome significant disability and return to an active lifestyle. We achieve this by partnering with our patients via education and involvement in the decision making process whenever possible. Our greatest reward is being part of an environment with a single focus: A personalized team approach to expert comprehensive musculoskeletal care.”
Dr. Dujela is a frequent lecturer and instructor on foot and ankle surgery at medical conferences nationally. He has served as faculty internationally at orthopedic surgery conferences, including meetings in Europe and Asia. He teaches surgical techniques to other physicians at various surgical skills courses throughout the USA.
He serves as the national chairman of the Education and Scientific Affairs Committee for the American College of Foot and Ankle Surgeons which is responsible for developing regional and national surgical courses/materials. Additionally, he serves on a national committee responsible for developing the board certification exam for foot and ankle surgeons. He is a peer reviewer for the Journal of Foot and Ankle Surgery as well as a consultant for orthopedic industry companies lecturing on emerging technologies.
He has also been appointed to the executive board of the Global Foot and Ankle Community comprised of an international group of orthopedic and podiatric foot and ankle surgeons who are considered to be thought leaders in the profession.
Dr. Dujela has trained with some of the world’s leading orthopedic surgeons through two international orthopedic surgery fellowships in Germany and Switzerland. Dr. Dujela additionally completed a prestigious visiting fellowship training program at the internationally recognized Orthopedic Foot and Ankle Center in Columbus Ohio under the direction of Dr. Thomas Lee, M.D., current president of the American orthopedic foot and ankle society.
Dr. Dujela was born and raised in Victoria, Canada, and is an avid hockey fan. His pride and joy is his wife Liliana, and their two children Christian and Maddie who enjoy travel, soccer, skiing and the amazing quality of life in the Pacific Northwest