Position Title: Radiologic Technologist
Reports to: Practice Manager
Job Status: Full-Time
Perform x-rays for diagnostic purposes. Follow established radiologic requirements and regulations to ensure patient care and safety in a fast-paced clinical environment.
To accomplish this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodation, each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to help enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Prepare patients for radiologic procedures. Escort patients to x-ray and exam rooms, provide verbal and/or written instructions and assist patients in positioning body parts to be radiographed. Explain procedures and observe patients to ensure quality patient care, safety, and comfort during exam.
- Operate radiologic equipment to produce images of the body for diagnostic purposes. Position radiologic equipment and adjust controls to set exposure time and distance according to specification of examination. Take x-rays following established radiologic requirements and regulations to ensure patient care and safety.
- Use radiation safety measures and protection devices to ensure safety of patients and team members.
- Ensure radiologic equipment remains in working order. Report equipment malfunctions to Practice Manager or supervisor.
- Maintains cleanliness of equipment, work area, and exam room and assures they are ready for use after each patient.
- Perform related administrative duties including completing necessary forms, labeling images, request images from other facilities via fax or phone, call patients when necessary, etc…
- Maintain adequate supplies in the exam room and other work areas.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of radiologic standards, requirements, and regulations.
- Knowledge of radiologic safety, cleanliness and infection control policies and regulations.
- Knowledge of radiologic equipment uses.
- Accuracy – Ability to perform work accurately, quickly, and thoroughly.
- Communication – Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Computer Skills – Proficient ability to use a computer and electronic medical record.
- Confidentiality – Maintain patient, team member and employer confidentiality. Comply with all HIPAA regulations.
- Customer Service Oriented – Friendly, cheerful, and helpful to patients and others. Ability to meet patients and others needs while following office policies and procedures.
- Detail Oriented – Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or task.
- Flexibility – Ability to adapt easily to changing conditions and work responsibilities.
- Positivity – Display a positive attitude and is a positive agent for change.
- Teamwork – Work as part of a team and collaborate with co-workers.
- Working Under Pressure – Ability to complete assigned tasks under stressful situations.
Education and Experience:
- Associate’s Degree or higher required
- Completion of ARRT certified training program
- Radiologic Technologist experience preferred
Certification and License:
- Current Washington Radiologic Technologist license required
- ARRT certification required
- BLS Certification within 90 days of hire
- Fast paced environment with occasional high pressure or emergent situations
- Exposure to radiation which is minimized by the use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) such as protective lead aprons, gloves and other shielding devices and monitored by radiation badges
- Possible exposure to bodily fluids, infectious specimens, communicable diseases, toxic substances, ionizing radiation, medicinal preparations and other conditions common to a medical office environment
- Frequent interaction with a diverse population including team members, providers, patients, other offices and members of the public
- Frequent standing, walking, grasping, carrying, reaching, bending, stooping, and speaking
- Occasional sitting
- Lifting, carrying, pushing, and pulling up to 50 pounds, with assistance if needed
- May need to lift or turn patients who are disabled, with assistance if needed
- Frequent use of computer, keyboard, copy and fax machine and phone
To apply, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org